Located on No.1 beach in China, there it is, The Ritz Carlton Yalong Bay! Its a really magnificent view, when you drive up to it. It’s the biggest hotel/resort that i’ve ever seen! Some informations about how big it actually (copied from their page)
- 455 well-appointed guestrooms, including 340 oversized guest rooms at over 60 square meter/646 square feet, 62 rooms and suites on The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level with distinctive amenities, 20 suites and 33 private villas with individual plunge pools offering ultimate privacy.
- An exclusive world-class spa designed and operated by the Ritz Carlton Spa at 2,788 square meter/30,009 square feet and offers lavish and relaxing aromatherapy as well as beauty treatments.
- The Culinary Shell – a host of seven dining outlets – will please all palates with signature favorites, seasonal offerings and even personalized dishes and beverages. Such as Sofia – the best Italian Restaurant in Sanya.
- The most modern meeting facilities are encompassed within our Sanya hotel flexible meeting space and function rooms totaling 1,700 square meter/18,298 square feet, inclusive of a 910 square meter/9,750 square feet grand ballroom divisible by four with nine meeting rooms and a business center
- The first oceanfront wedding chapel in Sanya with a gorgeous waterscape pool
There is also a private white sand beach on Yalong Bay, with crystal clear water. If you don’t want to swim in the ocean, you can choose between 4 different pools.
Or if you want to see some animals and tropical plants just go to Uncle Martin’s Garden which is located on the premises.
Just minutes away you can find two famous golf courses, Yalong Bay Golf Club and Sun Valley Golf Club!
Guest Room Features & Amenities
- Minimum 60 square meter of living space
- Oversized private balconies or terraces overlooking the South China Sea, gardens or mangrove
- Master bathroom with separate bathtub and shower cubicle, double basin vanity and Asprey Purple Water amenities
- Large walk-in closet
- Two LCD TVs (37” in bedroom, 20” wall–mounted in bathroom)
- ON-demand movies, DVD players in guest rooms
- Bose iPod docking station in suites
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi / broadband Internet access and computer connection to play sound through LCD TV
- Mini-bar and tea & coffee making facilities
As soon as we arrived, I was mesmerised by the size of this resort. Bellman took our luggage and we had a quick stop at the reception and next thing you know we were escorted to our room! That was one hell of a walk. It was like in a maze! First time me and my roommate tried to find our own way to the reception and back we got totally lost. It took few attempts to memorise the right way.
When I walked in that room for the first time, I was left speechless! I’ve never been to a hotel like this and it was just perfect. I loved all the furniture, linen, decorations and the view wasn’t shabby either. I knew I’m going to have some of the best days in my life here.
It was the comfiest bed I ever slept in and the bath tub was out of this world too. There was even a TV in the wall next to the bath tub, I’ve never seen anything like that!
I also loved spending time on a balcony or around the pool. Unfortunately since i was there on a press trip and we were on tight schedule so I didn’t get to enjoy all the amenities that they offer. Maybe next time!
Food was great too! I just loved the breakfast! Everyday I was in such a dilemma what to choose, too many options! But without a doubt it was the best we had in Sanya or anywhere else! Also the other restaurants were good.
All in all, this is the best hotel I’ve ever been to and quite possibly the best in Sanya or in whole Hainan Island! I would recommend it to everyone that can spend money like that!
Here are some basic informations
The Ritz Carlton Sanya
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Checkout: 12 p.m.
Pets are not allowed on property.
Smoking room is available.
Valet parking only
Lifeguard is on duty from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. No smoking in pool areas
Here you can book stay at their hotel
If you book your accommodation on Airbnb for the first time through this link, you get $25 off your booking!
You can read more about places to visit on Hainan Island here -> Top Things To Do in Sanya, Hainan Island
**Hotels I stayed in Sanya were sponsored by the hotels, Visit Sanya, and the Sanya Tourism Development Commission, however all opinions are our own.
**All photos were taken by me